Dear Fellow Golfer,
Following the recent heavy downpours and the current Covid-19 situation we are all dealing with, your management team has taken the decision to keep the course closed for a time, certainly for another week or more. The course is starting to dry out and we will endeavour to open it as soon as possible, but we’re still not quite ready.
You may well be aware that membership fees are due at the beginning of next month. You will be pleased to know that we do not intend to formally request membership payments until the course re-opens and we will then adjust the membership proportionally in line with what was agreed at the AGM. However if any member can justify joining on time (as have your management team) this would be a great help and, in this case, please get in touch with Bill Boyd.
Understandably this rotten weather followed by Covid-19 is having a significant impact on our cash flow and profitability; we are actively exploring government help in line with recent announcements but fear that may be some time down the line.
On behalf of all the management team we wish our members and visitors the very best over the challenging period we are all facing up to, stay safe and we look forward to seeing you all on the golf course in happier times not too far ahead.
Pastures Golf CLub